Our team comprises members from diverse backgrounds and disciplines who share a common passion for the art and science of investing. With our combined knowledge, skills and experience, we bring to the investment table insights that are uniquely PMA.
Over time, our clients have come to appreciate our transparency and accessibility, and our value proposition of meeting their needs with the right balance of return and risk.
Sim Khee Lau
Head of Managed Accounts
Lawrence Ting, CFA Dy Head and Portfolio Manager
- Mr. Sim oversees all aspects of the private client and asset management business under Phillip Managed Accounts. He has been with PhillipCapital since 2003 and was previously a Senior Vice President and Head of Investment Management with United Overseas Bank. He was also the Secretary of the Investment Committee and headed Corporate Planning prior to his investment appointment. He has extensive experience in the management of proprietary, insurance and private clients’ funds and has been in the investment industry since 1983.
- He holds a Bachelor of Business Administration with Honours.
- Lawrence, focuses on portfolio management, equity analysis as well as the development of investment and asset allocation strategies. As deputy head, he also assists Mr. Sim in overseeing various aspects of the business. Prior to his current appointment, he led the client relationship management, investment advisory and business development efforts. He was previously an Assistant Head with the Singapore Economic Development Board advising client companies on investment and business matters.
- He holds a Bachelor of Engineering with Honours and is a CFA charter holder.
Joan Chen, CFA, CIPM
Assistant Portfolio Manager
- Joan focuses on equity analysis and portfolio management. She was previously with the Royal Bank of Scotland in London with experience in institutional sales and fixed income research.
- She holds a Bachelor of Science with Honours in Economics and is a CFA charter holder, as well as a CIPM certificant. She has also passed level 1 of the CAIA examinations.
Teo Chen Hong
- Chen Hong focuses on equity analysis as well as providing support for portfolio management. He was previously a research engineer with Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology under A*STAR and, prior to that, worked as a forecasting analyst in Neptune Orient Lines.
- He holds a Bachelor of Engineering with Honours, a Masters of Science in Financial Engineering and has passed level 3 of the CFA examinations.
- Gladys focuses on strategizing and implementing business development initiatives to grow assets under management, as well as facilitate the delivery of high quality client services. She was previously with Citibank and United Overseas Bank, with experience in sales, customer service and operations.
- She holds a Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and a Masters of Science in Finance.
Ong Yan Xuan
- Yan Xuan provides operational and client support as well as assists the Business Manager in marketing and business development initiatives. She was previously with DBS, with experience in customer service.
- She holds a Bachelor of Science in Business.