Phillip Capital Management is currently building its ESG team and seeking ESG Research Analysts. Based in Singapore, analysts will support ESG research and analysis needs of PCM’s investment strategies. In addition to conducting ESG research and analysis, the ESG Analyst will collaborate with portfolio management teams and investment analysts. ESG Analysts support the Head ESG in developing and implementing ESG strategies and Sustainability initiatives at the firm and group levels. They will have opportunities to represent the team in various stakeholder engagements.
This is a challenging, dynamic and rewarding role that requires one to be logical, methodical, and meticulous.
- Good knowledge of global financial markets and sustainability issues.
- Outward-looking change agent. Strong work ethic and personal values.
- Adequate understanding of ESG issues and impacts.
- Suitable investment acumen with an independent opinion.
- Adaptable to urgent transitions in a rapidly developing space.
- Collaborative, willing to learn and able to contribute sensibly and sensitively.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the firm’s research process and contribute to its development goals.
- Meet strategic objectives by conducting primary research and producing reports.
- Perform independent ESG risk analysis and value assessments.
- Provide supplementary assessments using secondary research and analysis.
- Be ahead of ESG trends and keep current with affairs of portfolio holdings.
- Ensure close collaboration with investment analysts, risk managers and other researchers.
- Establish and execute engagement, stewardship and partnership agendas.
- Lead corporate sustainability outreach and education.
- Contribute to team efforts beyond primary responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Successfully produced reports or active in social communications.
- Proficient in data management software, systems and applications
- Participated in environmental or social causes. Cultivated a good attitude.