Philip Key is required to authenticate your PhillipCapital applications with a one-time 6-digit code right after login.
Phillip Key leverages the time-based one-time password (TOTP) technology that allows your accounts registered in Phillip Key to be synced with your logins. With Phillip Key, your account cannot be accessed without the two-factor authentication code.
For your convenience, you can either use QR Code or enter your secret key manually.
- Generates 6-digit codes every 30 seconds
- Operates offline without consuming mobile data
- Easily add accounts using QR code
- Allows edit and delete of accounts
Frequently Asked Questions
Phillip Key is a mobile security device released by Phillip Securities Pte Ltd to allow customers to provide two-factor authentication services when they login to any of PhillipCapital’s platforms to improve security.
Phillip Mobile Security Device (Phillip Key) can reduce the risk of unauthorised use of customers’ online accounts and meet the requirements of regulatory agencies.
When logging into Phillip platform, you need to use the Phillip Key.
Phillip Key is free for use to all PhillipCapital’s customers.
Phillip Key is a mobile application. You only need to download the app to your smartphone and perform account binding. You can log in to your account at any time without carrying additional hardware.
Phillip Key is suitable for smartphones with iOS and Android operating systems.
iPhone users can search the Apple App Store, Android users can search and download “Phillip Key” on Google Play.
Install the Phillip Key first, then log in to a PhillipCapital platform. The system will instruct you to bind the Phillip Key when logging in for the first time, or you may navigate to its settings section to look for enabling two-factor authentication or 2FA.
When you login to a PhillipCapital platform, you need to enter your username and personal password. After you click login, it will ask for 6-digit verification code. That is when you will need your pre-configured Phillip Key app to get the code. If you’re using your phone to login to a PhillipCapital platform, pressing the 6-digit code for 2 seconds will allow you to copy the code, then you can paste it to the PhillipCapital Platform. If you’re using PC/laptop to login to PhillipCapital platform, you may type-in the 6-digit code manually.
Replacement of the device requires rebinding the Phillip Key. Please refer to the platform’s FAQ page.
Please ensure the date and time on the device are correct. The date and time must be set to automatic.
No. The same login account can only be bound to the Phillip Key on one device.
You need to rebind again. Please refer to platform’s FAQ page.
Based on the requirements of regulatory agencies and security reasons, you must use Phillip Key to login to a PhillipCapital platform.
You can still change your login password after you login to a PhillipCapital platform.
Rebinding of the account is not required.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Condition for Mobile Security Key for Online Trading Services
PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE YOU REGISTER FOR MOBILE SECURITY KEY AUTHENTICATION FOR INVESTMENT SERVICES. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR MOBILE SECURITY KEY AUTHENTICATION.
Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms and Conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings:
“You” means the user of Phillip Key application;
“App” means the Phillip Key application (as updated from time to time) which can be downloaded to any mobile device which runs an operating system supported by us;
Mobile Security Key means a feature within the App which is a software-based Security Device used to generate a one-time Security Code, as Phillip may provide from time to time pursuant to these Terms and Conditions;
Permitted Mobile Device means such Apple device and compatible Android device running an operating system version as Phillip specify from time to time, or any other electronic devices or equipment which Phillip may enable for using Mobile Security Key Authentication from time to time; and “Phillip” means Phillip Securities Pte Ltd.
What is 2FA Login?
Two-factor authentication (2FA) strengthens cybersecurity by requiring a combination of two different types of authentication to login to your online trading account. The first layer of authentication is to provide the login ID and password followed by the second layer, using the “Mobile Security Key” to confirm a login request.
Mobile Security Key
- 3.1 Mobile Security Key provides an alternative means of verifying your identity for accessing Phillip online trading services. You may register the Mobile Security Key on your Permitted Mobile Device by completing the steps specified by Phillip. Once successfully registered, you have to use Mobile Security Key to generate a one-time Security Code as a second verification to confirm your identity for accessing Phillip online trading services.
- 3.2 Our provision and your use of Mobile Security Key are subject to these Terms and Conditions. Once you register for Mobile Security Key, you will be regarded as having accepted and will be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, please do not register for Mobile Security Key.
- 3.3 Phillip has the right to specify or vary from time to time the scope and features of Mobile Security Key without prior notice.
- 3.4 You can only set up a Mobile Security Key on one Permitted Mobile Device at a time.
Your confirmation and responsibility
- 4.1 You confirm and authorize us to verify your identity by the Mobile Security Key registered on your Permitted Mobile Device as a second verification for logon Phillip online trading platform or performing online transactions.
- 4.2 In order to use Mobile Security Key: (a) you must be a valid user of the Phillip online trading services; and (b) you must install the App using your Permitted Mobile Device.
- 4.3 You should take all reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized or fraudulent use of Mobile Security Key, including the following measures: (a) you should take reasonable precautions to keep safe and prevent loss or fraudulent use of your Permitted Mobile Device, login username and password, and the Mobile Security Key. You should observe the security recommendations provided by us from time to time about the use of Mobile Security Key; (b) you must not use the App or Mobile Security Key on any mobile device or operating system that has been modified outside the mobile device or operating system vendor supported or warranted configurations. This includes devices that have been jail-broken or rooted. A jail-broken or rooted device means one that has been freed from the limitations imposed on it by your mobile service provider and the phone manufacturer without their approval. The use of the App or Mobile Security Key on a jail-broken or rooted device may compromise security and lead to fraudulent transactions. Download and use of the App or Mobile Security Key in a jail-broken or rooted device is entirely at your own risk and Phillip will not be liable for any losses or any other consequences suffered or incurred by you as a result; (c) if you are aware of or suspect any unauthorized use of your Permitted Mobile Device or login username and password or the Mobile Security Key, you should notify us as soon as reasonably practicable. Phillip may require you to change your username and password, re-register Mobile Security Key, or cease to use Mobile Security Key.
- 4.4 All instructions received by us with your identity verified through the Mobile Security Key shall be binding on you.
Limitation of our liability
- 5.1 Mobile Security Key is provided on an as is and as available basis. Phillip does not warrant that Mobile Security Key will be available at all times, or that it will function with any electronic equipment, software or system or other services that Phillip may offer from time to time.
- 5.2 Phillip is not liable for any loss, damages or expenses of any kind incurred or suffered by you arising from or in connection with your use of or inability to use Mobile Security Key unless it is caused solely and directly by the wilful default on our part or on the part of our employees or agents.
- 5.3 Under no circumstances Phillip is liable for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary loss or damages, including loss of profits, loss due to business interruption or loss of any programme or data in your Permitted Mobile Device.
Modification, suspension and termination of Mobile Security Key Authentication
Phillip has the right to modify, suspend or terminate Mobile Security Key or its use by you at any time without giving prior notice or reason where Phillip reasonably consider necessary or advisable to do so. These cases may include actual or suspected breach of security.
Revision of these Terms and Conditions
Phillip has the right to revise these Terms and Conditions and/or introduce additional terms and conditions (including fees and charges) from time to time by giving prior notice. Phillip may give notice by display, advertisement or other means as Phillip consider appropriate. You will be bound by any variation if you use Mobile Security Key on or after the effective date of the variation.
- 8.1 Each provision of these Terms and Conditions is severable from the others. If at any time any provision is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect under Singapore law or the laws of any other jurisdiction, the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected in any way.
- 8.2 Phillip may assign or transfer all or any of our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to any member of Phillip Group without your prior consent.