Why Securities Financing?
Securities Financing facility allows you to:
- Make larger investments which can potentially lead to higher returns.
- Make investments that result in positive carry, where your dividends or coupon are higher than the cost of borrowed funds.
- To hold shares longer than the typical contra period on Cash (T), Cash Management (KC) and Custodian (C) accounts to take advantage of an uptrend.
- With financing available in 9 currencies; taking financing in traded currency can be used as a natural currency hedge.
Why Margin (M) Account?
We offer financing on our 2,000 shares and 100 bonds across 11 markets. By depositing marginable securities &/or Cash, investors can now trade up to 3.5 times their deposit.
Open a new Margin (M) Account to enjoy:
- Commission rate of 0.18%
- Share financing rates of 4.68% p.a. for SGD, 5.2% p.a. for USD and 5% p.a. for HKD
- No dividend handling fee*
- No account maintenance fee*
*Terms & Conditions Apply